In this episode, Mark asks questions of popular author, intellectual, and apologist Dr. Nancy Pearcey.
Formerly an agnostic, Pearcey studied in Heidelberg, Germany, in the early 1970s, and in Switzerland at L’Abri Fellowship under Francis Schaeffer. She earned a BA from Iowa State University, an MA from Covenant Theological Seminary, and pursued graduate work in history of philosophy at the Institute for Christian Studies in Toronto. Nancy is currently a professor of apologetics at Houston Baptist University.
Nancy is the author of Love Thy Body: Answering Hard Questions about Life and Sexuality.
Get her book here: https://rb.gy/fmlf0u
Mark asks Nancy:
• What do you think is the greatest threat in the Equality Act?
• You say transgender activists are estranging people from their bodies. What do you mean?
• You argue that the law no longer even recognizes biology, only personhood. It does not recognize sex, only gender. What impact does that have on the issues you talk about in the book?
• You said secular liberalism “destroys human rights.” Give us some examples, starting with abortion.
• The negative view of the body in Western culture is not a product of secularism but of Christianity. There’s a reason we have terms like “puritanical.” What’s your response?
• What is coming next in the moral revolution?
• Should we use transgender pronouns?
In Love Thy Body: Answering Hard Questions about Life and Sexuality, Pearcey goes beyond politically correct talking points to offer a riveting exposé of the dehumanizing secularist ethos that shapes the critical moral and socio-political issues of our day.
To find out more about Nancy, go to: http://www.nancypearcey.com
The Mark Harrington Show is on Mark’s Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube accounts. Mark’s show is broadcast in Columbus, OH (WRFD) 880am and (WTOH) 98.9FM, Cincinnati, OH (WCVX) 1160am, and Huntington, WV (WEMM) FM 107.9. The podcast is available on Apple Podcasts, Youtube, Periscope, Podbean, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, YouTube, Overcast, and RadioPublic as well as on Mark’s flagship website: MarkHarringtonShow.com
Facebook Personal – https://www.facebook.com/MarkCreatedEqual
Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/TheMarkHarringtonShow/
Youtube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Vy6WFo8v8lNi1MtV4cbKw
Twitter – https://twitter.com/mharringtonlive
iTunes – https://podcasts.apple.com/&hellip
Google Podcasts –
Website – https://markharringtonshow.com
Podbean – https://createdequal.podbean.com